Sunday, November 26, 2023

Loveliness


 They 

This person I know 

Wants to be called they. 

It could bring us much closer 

To see them that way. 

It’s a strange thing to think 

And harder to say, 

But they are so happy 

When the effort is made. 

For all the theys and thems 

It is this that I pray, 

We be kind and accepting 

And just let them be they. 

(Written by Theo Nicole Lorenz’s Aunt)

I found this lovely poem on the PC(USA) website in a guide for supporting children in LGBTQIA+ families which is one of the resources available on the page about one of our newer Matthew 25 priorities: Gender Justice & Heteropatriarchy.

I'm thankful for these resources because I want to learn more about how to love one another, and especially those who tend to get cast out as unloveable.  

I do find that the more I want to love people, the easier it gets, and I think this is because God pours divine love into our hearts through the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:5).  It's not always easy, partly because some days I just want to stay in my reading chair and just be alone. I'm thankful for the space and grace to have days like that.

And I am thankful for you, and for God whose love is greater than our hearts.

Thanks, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment