Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Star Words - Preparing for 2023


These are the star words I have received so far.

2017 Guidance 

There are tons of scriptures on this theme, but the one that stuck with me the most was Psalm 16:8. My inquiries of God and others became a journey of discernment that culminated in a new call in Kansas, where I am now.

2018 Coming 

Isaiah 60:22 NLT "At the right time, I the Lord will make it happen."  This became the year of expectant waiting, learning to be patient and not run on ahead of God.

2019 Aspire & Newness

I had two words this year because I preached at the Sterling College chapel and got a new word for myself as I was handing them out to the students and staff.  Maybe because I had two, neither one made a significant impression, though I did research and write about them both.

2020 Acceptance 

This word and Psalm 13 were perfect for the first year of COVID.  As life turned upside down for us all, acceptance became the way of survival.

2021 Tenderness 

Maybe the biggest aha with this word was from finding it in James 5:11 NLT as an attribute of God.

2022 Servanthood 

I wrote about this word in response to Luke 22:27-30 MSG.  But looking back, I think this was the year of learning not to be consumed by servanthood.  This has been a year of learning better selfcare, getting treated for depression, and allowing myself more space.

2023 ??

We'll get new words this Sunday. Only God knows what's in store.  I got to thinking about this because I'm stuck on the idea of seeking God today. Not sure why. The scripture that keeps coming to mind is Amos 5:4 "Seek me and live."  I do not always do that well, but life continues.

Thanks, God.

P.S. I have written at least one post about each word. Search my blog for the word to read those posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment