Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Flow

Photo by Tom Barrett on Unsplash 

Psalm 46:4-5a (NLT)
A river brings joy to the city of our God, the sacred home of the Most High. God dwells in that city.

Driving in the city is a novelty for me these days. I have become accustomed to rural roads. So as we drove over and under endless flyaway interchanges yesterday I saw them with new eyes and they looked like such a jumble of chaotic action.  They look like giant concrete spaghetti that can't be eatten because it got left out overnight and hardened into a knot of noodles. 

Life sometimes feels like the busyness and chaos of freeway flyovers. So many places to go and things to do, and not enough time. The cars going every whichway reminds me of the song...Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am stuck in the middle with you...

Psalm 46 gives me a different perspective. Instead of chaotic spaghetti, rivers of life flowing through the city, carrying bits of God's love in their hearts to all the places they go to share with the people they meet.

Sometimes the difference between chaotic spaghetti and flowing rivers is a night's sleep, or a favorite song, or even just a few good deep breaths.

Thanks, God.

Photo by Kermit Nicou on Unsplash 

No comments:

Post a Comment