Saturday, May 26, 2007

Indescribable

Sometimes words cannot express one's sense of how wonderful God is. Sometimes music comes closer, but sometimes even music is insufficient. What a glorious day it is to be graced with this extra sense of the knowledge of God. I know it may be fleeting. Today the condition of my heart allows me to draw nearer, but I know that I am not always very good at keeping it that way. I wonder sometimes if a "really good heart day" is something God gives as a blessing through grace, and not something we can necessarily affect. I think maybe I can do my best to keep my heart clean and ready so that I don't miss out on those days that God allows me to see his glory, and do my best to be obedient and pleasing, but I know my own efforts will always fall short. The most awesome aspect of this, in my humble opinion, is that I know there is no particular reason that today I am able to stand in awe of God. He has not done anything tangible, necessarily, or anything he does not always do. I have not heard any great news or been given any great material thing, just a better sense of the joy of the Lord.
This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mel,
    How is it going. Hoping you are having many more good heart days...
    We are doing well in Texas, can you believe it? It is totally weird but good. Hope you are doing well...David and Tania and Hannah

    ReplyDelete