Monday, February 6, 2017

Psalms & Star Words

The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you." --Psalm 32:8

On January 1 we began reading through the psalms – one psalm per day.  On January 8 we received star words to ponder and consider how God might be guiding us in relation to our words.  Initially I did not consider how these two might be connected – psalms and star words – but it has been my experience so far that the psalms have continued to inform my pondering about my star word.  Has that also been the case for you?

It should not surprise us that this is happening.  After all, the psalms are prayers, and prayers are an important part of our pondering.  We are seeking God about our star words and the Holy Spirit is using the words of the Bible, the psalms, to communicate with us, which is exactly how the Bible tells us the Holy Spirit works.

“But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.  He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.” (John 16:13-14)

My star word is “guidance,” and pondering this word has already caused me to be more intentional about seeking God’s guidance.  I am also noticing how often in the psalms we are assured that God will give us guidance.  Whatever your word is, I am certain that God has guidance for you, too.  I pray that we will all have listening and willing hearts, so that we might hear and do whatever God is telling us.

The abundance of God’s guidance is one way that I am seeing God’s goodness through my star word.  How are you seeing God’s goodness displayed in your word?

Let’s continue to encourage one another in seeking God and finding his goodness by sharing our stories.  You may send them by email, or post them on Facebook , or tweet with the hashtag #wpcstarwords, or comment below.

If you would like to receive the psalm daily reading plan and/or a star word, comment below.

May God continue to bless us as we seek him with all our hearts and give him thanks.

Yours in Christ,
Pastor Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment