Thursday, January 12, 2017

Star Words - Our First Encounter

I should have known.  I should have seen the signs.

When they asked me to be the star for the nativity play, I couldn't resist the pun - I'm the star of the play!

When I was preparing my epiphany sermon, I was all about guidance and stars.

When I was putting the words on the cut-out stars, I commented on the irony of a star having this word on it.

I didn't put two and two together until after I drew my star word.  I laughed as soon as I saw it:  Guidance.

"Ok, God," I thought. "What are you trying to tell me?  Or are you just enjoying the laugh?"

No, well, maybe yes.  But that was only the beginning.

Of course, as soon as I ask, I begin to receive.  Is this about giving or receiving? Maybe both, but so far only receiving.  In asking the question, I'm already doing what the word says - seeking guidance.

When I searched the word in the Bible app (Youversion), the scriptures that came up were all about inquiring of God. Rebecca did. David did. Jehoshaphat did. Hezekiah did. Saul didn't. Ahaz didn't.*

I will.  I am.  I do.  But not nearly enough.

Reorienting...
Refocusing...

Psalm 16:8 came up the very same day:  "I keep my eyes always on the Lord."
Psalm 25:9 came up the next day: "Humble people seek guidance."

Message coming through loud and clear.  Now to work on putting this into practice.

Asking God about how.

See?

______________________________
* Rebecca Genesis 25:22; Saul 1 Chronicles 10:13; David 1 Chronicles 14:14, 2 Samuel 2:1, 2 Samuel 5:19; Ahaz 2 Kings 16:15; Jehoshaphat 1 Kings 22:7; Hezekiah 2 Kings 19:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment